How to hack your client’s happy hormones with an interactive touch screen table.
Did you know that your brain can’t tell the difference between reality and an illusion?
This is why we are able to enjoy movies, television, video games, and other forms of entertainment. But what if there was a way to use this same principle in order to help people make healthier choices for themselves?
Enter the interactive touch screen table!
In this blog post, you will learn how to hack your client’s happy hormones. These tips and tricks get so much easier with an interactive touchscreen table.
What are happy hormones and why should we care about them
Hormones are chemicals that regulate bodily functions by telling cells what to do.
Happy hormones, or “feel good” neurotransmitters, including Serotonin, Oxytocin, Endorphins and Dopamine. These mood-regulating substances affect everything from your appetite to your ability to feel pleasure -or pain! Happy hormones help you maintain a healthy weight because they decrease the desire for sugar and increases feelings of happiness.
When happy hormones are out of balance it can lead to mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, OCD and addiction problems; all on top of increased physical problems like hormonal imbalances in women during menopause symptoms including hot flashes!
We should be interested in our clients’ happy hormones because if we don’t take care of them now there will be issues in the later years.
How to hack your happy hormones
There are many ways you can hack your own happy hormones, including these 5:
- Keep a journal of what makes you feel good and do more of that! Happy hormones respond to positive thoughts.
- Practice gratitude, the act of thankfulness is scientifically proven to release serotonin – which increases feelings of happiness – in the brain. From nature walks or simply taking time away from work during lunchtime for self-care, there’s always something we’re thankful for if we just look around us and think about it!
- Exercise boosts moods by increasing dopamine levels; so try out new fitness routines with friends or go on a walk every morning before breakfast.
- Meditate at least 15 minutes per day as research has shown this practice lowers stress levels AND decreases
- Take deep breaths during stressful moments to release serotonin, which has been proven to reduce anxiety.
All of these become much easier for residents to access with the use of an interactive touch screen table.
Watch this short video to learn how to hack all 4 of your client’s happy hormones
How an interactive touch screen table can help you hack your client’s happy hormones.
An interactive touch screen table is a great way to get your clients more engaged and excited about what they are doing. In today’s world, technology plays an important role in our daily lives and care environments should not be the exception. Residents will feel happier engaging with an interactive touch screen table because it breaks up their day with new mental stimulus preventing boredom from sitting all day.
Interactive touch screen table resources for hacking your client’s happy hormones!
- Breathing exercises
- Arts & Crafts
- Contacting loved ones
- Cognitive challenges
- Sensory fun
- Making music
Inspired-Inspirations is an award-winning supplier of touch screen technology and specialises in care home interactive tables. We have provided touch screen tables to over 800 care homes and hospitals across the UK, with a bespoke system tailored for dementia sufferers and specifically created for care homes and dementia patients in mind.
Request a no-obligation demonstration today.